At last...an affordable ukulele course that won’t leave you frustrated and confused!
- You’re overwhelmed sorting through all the Youtube videos online - they move too quickly or you don’t have the techniques down yet.
- You don’t really read sheet music, and the tricks you’ve learned online aren’t helping.
- You’ve been able to teach yourself some things, but you’re struggling to get the hang of strumming patterns or feel comfortable playing for your family and friends.
- You know that learning a song takes practice, but you really just want to be able to play a song right away.
- Someone hands you a piece of sheet music and you can grab your ukulele and strum along
- You can play along with a group or follow along with a Youtube video with confidence
- You can sing and play “Happy Birthday” or your favorite holiday tune at a family gathering
Play the Ukulele!
Journey to Ukulele Success
In this program, you’ll discover…
- How to play the ukulele, from choosing a ukulele to tuning it
- How to approach learning a new piece, from sheet music to strumming techniques
- How to play comfortably with great posture & confidence
- Why the ukulele is an AMAZING instrument
- How to let loose and have fun!
- Teaching yourself to play new songs
- Tuning your ukulele with confidence
- Showing off your playing to your friends and family
- A member of a growing ukulele community
- More confident in your playing & more excited about the ukulele!
- The names of chords, understanding musical terms and symbols & how to play them
- The steps to learning a new song
- More than a dozen tunes to add to your repertoire
- Strumming patterns & techniques
- A coherent ukulele course covering everything from chords to hand position and strumming to sheet music
- A friendly and expert-level teacher working at the pace that’s best for you, on the schedule that works for you, available to answer questions & encouraging you all along the way
- A community of like-minded players supporting you and encouraging you
“You are the best! Great lesson.” - Andrea Bryant, ukulele student
Here's what you get...
- Lifetime access to the course – Learn at your own pace and get all of the future course materials too! As additional resources are added and lessons are revised, you’ll always have access to the videos, music and handouts from the course.
- Access to our private Facebook group – Join a community of friendly and fun people learning to play the ukulele. Our Facebook group is an active and supportive place to make friends, ask questions, jam out and share all things ukulele. Three months of free access is included.
- Sheet music and handouts – Each lesson will include all of the sheet music you’ll need, as well as chord charts and other reference materials.
- Video recordings for each lesson – Refer to the videos on your computer or on the go, and return whenever you need a refresher in the future.
- Ukulele buying guide & ukulele tuning video
For the beta version of this course, we're releasing the chapters as a drip course. We'll start by giving you access to chapters 1 and 2 on January 18th, and then we'll "drip" the content to you as it's ready, approximately every 2-4 weeks. In exchange for sharing your feedback on the course as you complete it and for your patience as we release the materials to you this year, we're giving you a MAJOR discount on the price.
Would you like some bonuses?
Bonus #1: 3 Q & A Sessions
- Private lessons would take an investment of at least $240, and that wouldn’t include any videos that you could reference as a refresher whenever you needed it. In a group class format, you could expect to pay $80-$160 for a course like this. And I’m including sheet music and other materials as well as access to a Facebook group of your peers to ask questions and be a part of a friendly ukulele community.
- I really wanted to share this with as many people as possible, so I knew I wanted to keep it extremely affordable.
- And honestly, the bonus materials alone are worth more than the cost of this program! I wanted to make this course so affordable that purchasing it feels like the easiest decision you've made all year.
The total value would be $320.
- But you’re not going to pay $320. You’re not even going to pay $220, or $150. You’re not even going to pay $100.
- The regular price of this course is only $74.99. BUT, if you join the beta group, you’ll get to pilot the course first, and in exchange for your feedback, you’ll pay only $29.99!
- How long do I have to decide? Beta testers should purchase the course ASAP. The regular course price of $74.99 will kick in after this first round is complete. And yes, you can give this course as a gift if you’d like to. Email [email protected] for details,
Your investment in Play the Ukulele! is $29.99.
Get started now!
No Questions Asked Guarantee
I want you to be MORE than satisfied with this course. I'm giving you 14 days to test-drive it. If for some reason "Play the Ukulele!" doesn't meet your expectations, just ask me for a refund up to 14 days from your purchase.
"You're a fabulous teacher and encourager." - group ukulele student
So who am I, and how did I learn this stuff?
Hi, I’m Ross Malcolm Boyd, and I help aspiring ukulele players move from confusion to confidence so they can achieve their ukulele dreams!
“I enjoyed his presentation! He makes songwriting approachable and fun.” - Marianne Vitale, Programs and Special Events Coordinator at Orange County Library System
Still wondering if Play the Ukulele is right for you?
- You’ve never played a ukulele before or your skills are rusty
- You’ve taught yourself with Youtube videos online & you’re ready to take the next step to gain more confidence as a player
- You’ve watched lots of tutorials, but you just haven’t clicked with the style of anyone you’ve found online.
- Someone gave you a ukulele and it’s been collecting dust on a shelf.
- You’re ready for someone to slow things down, dig a little deeper and make learning to play easier and fun!
- You’re an advanced ukulele player: this course is for beginner and early intermediate students
- You aren’t ready to set aside time to play the ukulele.
- You’re a young child taking the course without an adult - this course is designed for adults and teens, so it may not be the right fit for younger children flying solo.
- You want a super-serious instructor. This instructor will get funny and silly sometimes!
- You don’t own (or have a way to borrow) a ukulele and aren’t planning to purchase one.
Ross Malcolm Boyd is a dedicated music educator, musician, engineer and composer with fifteen years of teaching experience. Ross began studying music in high school. While his first love was guitar, he was quick to embrace the piano as well. He's been in love with the ukulele since 2014, attending events and teaching group and individual classes and workshops on the instrument. Ross’s creativity can be seen in the teaching studio, the recording studio, and working on original musical projects. He currently travels the country, performing and teaching, in a 25' RV with his wife.
Time-Sensitive Bonuses for Beta Group ONLY
Sign up by March 15 to get a private ukulele lesson and join the beta group for this course.
This is the last time we'll offer this program at this price point.
Your investment in the beta version of Play the Ukulele! is $29.99
Get started now!
“I can’t thank you enough for your instruction with Gavin. He is doing great and he really, really enjoys it and it shows because he actually wants to practice. What a concept! So, I just wanted to thank you. He loves it!” – mother of a guitar student about working with Ross
Frequently Asked Questions
So, to sum it up, you get…
- Lifetime access to the course, with video recordings, sheet music & other handouts
- Access to our private Facebook group
- Ukulele buying guide & tuning video
- Bonus #1: 3 Q & A Sessions ($30)
- Bonus #2: 5+ hours of additional content ($50)
- Bonus #3: 20% Off Coupon For Future Course ($15)
- Bonus #4: Finding Your Song course ($30)
- Bonus #5 if purchased by March 15: Private 30 min. Lesson with Ross Malcolm Boyd ($35)
Ready to go from confused to confident on the ukulele?
Look, here's the reality.
- You're going to see success by studying under as many people as possible, whether it's instructors, fellow ukulele players in a group setting, Youtube videos, forums or anywhere else.
- I'm offering a structured course at a low enough price that you can hopefully add this into your arsenal, combining it with any other free or paid resources, in-person lessons, or whatever else you have at hand and can afford. To be clear, you won't need any other methods to learn to play, but if you've been learning on your own or from other instructors and are wondering if you need this course or not, this is my honest opinion.
- I think everyone should have access to this course. While I'm not independently wealthy and can't give it away for free, I'm trying to price it so that as many people as possible can get as much value and knowledge from me as possible.
- I'm offering my expert guidance to help you play the ukulele with confidence, focusing on the FUN of playing instead of getting lost in the confusion of figuring out where and how to learn.
“Thank you so much. Great fun, sense of community, can’t thank you enough.” - 2018 group ukulele student